Sunday, September 9, 2012

Seize the Evening at Disneyland Resort

While living in Orange County, heading to Disneyland or California Adventure can be a fun Saturday night! Well this weekend it was just that. This is what happens when we crave ice cream, Flo's V8 Cafe, a Mojito, and a few thrilling adventures. Are we spoiled to be so close to the fun? Yes we are. To be truthful, I don't see how we would be able to live far away from Disneyland.

The end of Summer hours certainly didn't keep away our group of five or the other visitors. This day Eric and myself visited with his cousin Rey, Brandi (Rey's fantastic girlfriend), and Eric's Mother Mary. No. She is not a nun. Her name is Mary and she is Eric's Mother...but I digress. Buena Vista St. had a good sized crowd for 6 PM, when we arrived.



Mary had yet to see all the new changes to the park that opened this past June. (She has an excuse because she lives in LA County) She was amazed by what she saw before her! I must add that since this revamp, I too am very impressed when I walk through those gates. All the photos and videos don't give you the full experience! I was glad that since she hadn't been there before, we took extra time looking through the shops such as Trolley Treats and Elias & Co. Brandi and Rey were eyeing some merchandise in Trolley Treats!! Rey is a Peanut Butter fan and was dying to have to Peanut Butter sandwich. It's very good, but he opted to wait until after dinner. The visit also made me happy because I could tell Eric was having a great time showing his mom everything.


I had been hungry since about 4:30 and it was a little past 6 PM. I know we had our sights set on Flo's V8 Cafe so we "high tailed" it to where "Life is a Highway"! I needed to get that Turkey plate and the Apple/Chedder pie in my tummy!

For those still anticipating a trip to Cars Land, sit in Flo's dining area on the eastern end. Your group will have an excellent view of Radiator Springs Racers. 

 As we expected, the meal was delicious and satisfying. I told Eric that I don't even remember seeing the Turkey on his plate!! I'm use to seeing food disappear that fast from our great friend Ricky! I know for me, I was anxious to get to that pie. The cheese and apple together sounded rather odd as a pie. But, ever since I tried it back in June, I love it!


The sky when we first arrived in the park wasn't too impressive.  I would say that it almost looked white at the time. But as the sun began to set, I glanced out the huge window and I just had to go snap a few photos! I'm not at all a professional photographer, but I do enjoy taking photos. I jumped from the table immediately and called out a quick "be right back!"



After taking in our fair share of carbs and sugar, we felt we needed to fall down the rabbit hole. Brandi and Rey also became fans of Mad T Party when we visited with them in late May. I think Rey wanted to jump onstage with the band! Again, Mary loved it! She said it didn't even feel like the same park! I shot a short video of the DJ playing Kylie Minogue's song Timebomb, and I posted it to this link here : http://youtu.be/slBTW9V5Cag




Our Fast Pass time was rolling around for Radiator Springs Racers so we finished our beverages and dashed back to Cars Land. I accidentally cut out Brandi from the photo of our vehicle. Although she isn't shown here, I can say she was having a "race-tastic" time!

Eric made a good point as we waited to ride Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. How did they crush the can without hands?


Disneyland park seemed to be calling out to us because non of us were ready to end the evening at 10 PM. Fantasmic showings were over and so was pyro. This is the hour when the crowds really begin to thin out. I was glad that Brandi mentioned she had never been in Main St Cinema and you'll see my reason in just a bit. However; when she first said this I fainted right there on the spot! (I did win the Drama Queen award at Universal)


When we were at Clarabelle's Ice Cream Parlor Eric mentioned that Clarabelle, the cow, had a huge crush on Clarke Gable. I wasn't too familiar with this, but once in the cinema I would be.



To take a quick step back to DCA, you can see that Clarabelle keeps a photo of her beloved celebrity. Confused? I was. And if you already knew this, then just come along for the ride please.


Look! Here is Clarabelle kissing Mr. Gable in the Disney cartoon called "The Polo Match"! Although I had been in the Main St Cinema before, I don't think I ever caught this. Bravo for the cool detail over at the ice cream parlor.



We had an awesome time showing Brandi another new experience. She had never been in the castle walk through. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that the castle entrance is somewhat hidden. Even though the rehab for the castle was a few years ago, it still looks great.

After riding a snob of a caterpillar on the Alice in Wonderland attraction, we also rocketed through the stars at Space Mountain! I love those rides! By now I had to admit my steam was drying up and I was starting to feel the fact that it was 12:30 AM. (awake since 3:15 AM for work...another story)



While heading back to the main entrance I felt lucky to know we could return very soon. I love seeing people eating ice cream on the curbs of Main St. so late at night. The guests look tired, but are holding onto the times they will always remember. I sometimes wonder if it is their first or maybe last visits here. See you soon Disneyland!!



No comments: